Petromidia posts H1 profitPublish date: 14-08-2008
Record high oil prices in the first half of the year, and advances in the exchange and interest rates have virtually doubled Rompetrol Rafinare's business, driving the company running the refinery to post a profit.
"The company has continued its upward trend, with results powerfully influenced by a series of external factors, independent of Petromidia refinery activity," according to a Rompetrol communique.
Rompetrol Rafinare, part of the Rompetrol oil group, controlled by Kazakh KazMunaiGaz and run by businessman Dinu Patriciu, who still owns 25 percent, posted profit for the second quarter, following losses in Q1 worth €9.3 mln. The company posted a net profit of some €1.8 million in the first six months, more than double that in H1 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei