Romania's Rompetrol Mulls Gas Distr Network Expansion By 2012Publish date: 13-08-2008
Rompetrol Downstream, the retail division of Romania's second-largest oil company, Rompetrol Group NV, owned by Kazakhstan's KazMunaiGaz, plans to extend by 2012 its franchised gas station network with another 250-300 units from independent companies.
Over 400 gas stations operated by independent companies are registered in the Association of private gas distributors.
Rompetrol Downstream plans to extend its fuel distribution area between 2008 and 2012, and to reach a 31% market share in Romania, compared with the current 25% one.
Rompetrol Downstream operates a network of some 400 gas stations countrywide.
Rompetrol, the country's largest vertically integrated oil company Petrom (SNP.RO), Lukoil Romania, a unit of Russian oil company Lukoil Holdings (LKOH.RS), MOL Romania, the local unit of Hungary's oil group MOL, Austrian oil and gas company OMV AG's (OMV.VI) and fuel retailer Agip Romania, a unit of Italy's oil company ENI are the main fuel distributors in Romania, their networks exceeding 1,300 units.
The Rompetrol Group, founded by oil tycoon Dinu Patriciu, operates in 13 countries and employs over 8,000 people. Its main assets are located in Romania, France, Spain and southeastern Europe.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei