ENI wants South Stream through RomaniaPublish date: 12-08-2008
The Italian group ENI has become tired waiting until Serbia eventually reaches the conclusion whether it is worthy or not to ratify the agreement with Russia, addressing oil and natural gas, a document which entails the acquisition of the company Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS) and the construction of South Stream oil pipe.
According to those declared for RBK Daily by sources from the Serbian Ministry of Energy, ENI has started to lobby in favour of the idea to have the route of the future pipe modified through Romania, HotNews.ro informs. In such a situation, Belgrade losses around EUR 130 M, annually, from fees charged on natural gas transit.
With a capacity of 30 billion cubic meters of gas per year, South Stream would leave Russia (Krasnodar region), crossing the Black Sea up to the Bulgarian port Varna, and then it goes into two directions: until the South of Italy and to the centre of Europe. Gazprom partner for the construction of the marine segment of the pipe if ENI. The total costs of the project were estimated to USD 20 bln.
Nine O' Clock
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei