Romania's top lender by assets BCR to increase number of cards by 20% by the end of the yearPublish date: 08-08-2008
Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Romania's largest lender by assets, plans to expand the number of cards by 20 percent this year and to rise the transactions' volume on cards by 25 percent, the lender announced.
The bank posted a total number of operations of 4.5 million at the end of June, 15 percent higher than in the same month last year. The volume of transactions with BCR cards hiked 40 percent in the same interval, to approximately 1.5 billion lei.
BCR had 2.4 million cards issued by June 2008, up 5 percent compared to the similar period of the previous year. The debit cards totaled 2.23 million units and the credit cards 190,000.
The bank posted a 20.96 percent market share on the cards segment in the first half of 2008, a slight decrease from 21.74 percent in the previous year. BCR is leader on the debit cards market, with a share of 21.6 percent.
The lender saw a 21 percent year-on-year increase in its points of sale (POS) network to 13,900 units and a 14 percent climb in its ATM network to 1,582 units at the end of June.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei