Romania's annual inflation to reach the top value of 9.2 - 9.4% in July, analysts deemPublish date: 08-08-2008
Higher prices for gas and electricity, as well as excise taxes increase paved the pay to a yearly inflation of 9.2 - 9.4 percent in July, a level which has not been registered for three years, estimate analysts, which consider plausible the central bank's inflation prognosis of 6.6 percent for 2008.
Inflation's annual rate did not exceed 9 percent since July 2005, when the country's Statistics Institute (INS) posted a yearly inflation of 9.3 percent.
Chief economist with Raiffeisen Bank Romania, Ionut Dumitru, deems the annual inflation to stand at 9.3 percent in July and at 8.5 percent in August. He also expects inflation to temper at 6.5 percent at the end of the year.
Romania's Central Bank (BNR) recently revised upwards inflation prognosis from 6 to 6.6 percent for the end of 2008, calculating a 140 U.S. dollars price for a barrel of petrol, considered too high by most analysts.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei