Romania's construction market increased by 33% in H1Publish date: 07-08-2008
The housing and industrial building deficit, and Romania's substandard infrastructure, has lead to an important advance for the construction market in H1 2008, of 33.2 percent.
The residential building segment increased 34.7 percent, while non-residential buildings rose 35.7 percent, and engineering constructions 31.7 percent, according to a release from the National Institute of Statistics.
"I believe this increase is justified mainly by higher costs for construction materials and workers. This advance will continue to the end of the year," said the Executive Manager of the Employer's Union of Construction Companies, Adriana Iftimie.
New construction work advanced 33.9 percent, maintenance and repair 33.2 percent, and capital repairs 30.2 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei