Groupama to sell its own insurance as of this fallPublish date: 07-08-2008
Groupama insurance company finalized its €350 million takeover of Asiban yesterday, after receiving all necessary approvals.
The French insurer signed the property exchange for Asiban with Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Banca Romana de Dezvoltare (BRD), Banca Transilvania, and CEC Bank. Each of the four companies sold their 25 percent in Asiban. Groupama will integrate Asiban and two other insurance companies it owns in Romania (BT Asigurari and OTP Garancia), and will begin selling its own insurance as of this fall.
The company's General Manager, Jean Francois Lemoux, said Groupama will be able to draw up an ambitious development plan in Romania by merging Asiban, BT Asigurari and OTP Garancia.
Lemoux added that Groupama will focus on investments to consolidate the companies it owns, and will launch new products. The company estimates it occupies third place on the Romanian insurance market, following the Asiban takeover.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei