Heidelberg Cement turnover stagnates in RomaniaPublish date: 06-08-2008
Cement sales by Carpatcement Holding, local division of German Heidelberg Cement group, stagnated in the first half of the year, due to the fact that it has reached its maximum production capacity.
French Lafarge group, one of the local competitors on the cement market, announced a 28 percent increase in sales for the entire group. Operations in Central and Eastern Europe advanced by 35 percent, while the other competitor, Holcim Romania, estimated a 20 percent increase in cement sales in H1 2008.
Carpatcement Holding reached its maximum production capacity last year. According to company representatives, increases posted by its two competitors are due to the fact that they finalized investments to expand their production capacities. Carpatcement Holding scheduled investments worth €100 million to increase cement production by 2010, but the results will be visible only as of the second half of 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei