Four companies apply for a new mobile communications licensePublish date: 06-08-2008
Romtelecom, main landline phone operator in Romania, Telemobil, Postelecom Network and NetPoint have filed bids for a new mobile phone communications license.
Romtelecom officials said the new license will be used where infrastructure investments are unprofitable. The Romanian mobile phone market has some 25 million active subscriber identify module (SIM) cards worth over €2.5 billion. The high penetration rate for mobile phone services will determine companies to focus on data services.
The market leader is Orange, which supplies mobile phone, data and 3G services to over 10 million clients. Vodafone Romania has over 9 million clients for mobile phone and 3G services, while Cosmote has over 4.2 million clients for mobile phone services.
RDS-RCS operator began supplying mobile phone services this January and has over 1.1 million clients. The fifth operator on the market, Telemobil, owns a code division multiple access (CDMA) license and a 3G license which became operational this year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei