Romania's retail hikes 23.3% in June, sees the highest annual growth rate in the EU, statistics showPublish date: 06-08-2008
Romania saw the highest annual growth in retail in the European Union (EU) in June, of 23.3 percent, outpacing Slovenia and Poland, according to data published by the European statistics office Eurostat.
Only nine out of 18 countries members of the EU that published data for the period June 2007 - June 2008 posted hikes in retail. The most significant drops were registered by Latvia (8.3 percent), Spain (7.7 percent) and Estonia (7.2 percent).
Romania ranked first in terms of retail's monthly growth rate, with 4.1 percent advance in June over May. Other increases were recorded in Sweden (1.7 percent) and Bulgaria (0.4 percent), while the retail idled in Denmark.
The retail was reduced in 13 countries members of the EU in June versus the previous month, the most important drops being registered in Austria (4.1 percent), Lithuania (2.8 percent), Portugal (2.3 percent) and Latvia (2.2 percent).
The retail depreciated 1.1 percent in June 2008 versus June 2007 at the EU level. In Eurozone, retail sales dipped 3.1 percent. Compared to May 2008, retail lost 1 percent in the European bloc and 0.6 percent in Eurozone.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei