Drug producer Zentiva Romania sees net profit up 72% y/y in H1, to EUR 6mPublish date: 05-08-2008
Drug producer Zentiva Romania posted 72 percent boost in net profit in the first half of the year against the same period in the previous, on lower spendings, according to the company.
The company saw 22.03 million lei (6 million euros) net profit in the first six months of the year, versus 12.75 million lei in the same period last year.
Zentiva's incomes reached 114.84 million lei in the first semester, down 18.9 percent versus the same period last year, when incomes stood at 141.67 million lei. Its spendings were cut 29 percent in the first half, from 123.55 million lei to 87.66 million lei.
The company's revenues totaled 106.7 million lei in the first semester, 17 percent less than the 129.25 million lei posted in the same period last year.
Zentiva is an international pharmaceutical company focusing on developing, manufacturing and marketing modern generic pharmaceutical products. The company has leading positions in the pharmaceutical markets in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Turkey and is growing rapidly in Poland, Russia, Bulgaria, Hungary, the Ukraine and the Baltic States.
Zentiva Romania, former Sicomed, is controlled by Czech company Zentiva, which posted 54.25 million U.S. dollars net profit in the first half, up 0.2 percent versus the same period last year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei