Notebooks market tripled in H1Publish date: 05-08-2008
Laptop sales increased by up to 200 percent in the first half of 2007, due to lower prices and consumer interest for mobile devices, according to estimates by the main players on local market.
According to retailer Flamingo International, notebook sales increased by 200 percent in H1. Also, the growth is expected to be similar in second half of the year.
"Local sales rose to some €74.5 million in the first six months of the year, or 120,000 sold units," said Flamingo International CEO, Jiri Rizek. The notebooks segment contributed by some 10 percent to Flamingo total sales.
"According to [market research company International Data Corporation] IDC, the market rose 88 percent in H1," Fujitsu Siemens Computers Country Manager, Dragos Nicolaescu, said. He estimates a 20 percent increase in value, due to lower prices on the notebook segment.
The main notebook brands sold on the Romanian market are Dell, Fujitsu Siemens, Acer, Toshiba and HP.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei