Iranian Ambassador is ready to have talks with Bucharest regarding NabuccoPublish date: 04-08-2008
Iran may become a safe energy source for Europe and for Romania, as HE Hamid Reza Arshadi, Ambassador of Iran in Bucharest, said, underlining that time passes and opportunities may be missed, newspaper 'Gardianul' informs.
The Ambassador speaks, in an interview for the newspaper, about the role that Romania may have in attracting Iran into Nabucco project, meant to reduce the EU dependence to Russia.
"Iran ranks the second worldwide regarding oil production, and it ranks the fourth regarding natural gas production. Theoretically speaking, we may present a safe source of energy supply for Europe and for Romania over a long and stabile time period.
Regarding the energy import, I believe that Europe should also look towards other regions than Russia, and Iran is one of these regions. One should think that time passes fast and opportunities may be missed.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei