58 pc of Romanians would vote Traian Basescu, INSOMAR poll saysPublish date: 04-08-2008
President Traian Basescu has great chances to have his term of office renewed, according to an opinion survey released yesterday by INSOMAR.
Thus, at the open question regarding the candidate they would vote for the first position in state if elections were scheduled this week, 58 per cent of the respondents indicated the current head of state, followed, at distance, by Sorin Oprescu, with 12 per cent, Adrian Nastase, with 11 per cent, Mugur Isarescu 6 per cent.
PD-L would gather 38 per cent of Romanians' votes, PSD 26 per cent, while PNL 16 per cent. UDMR and PRM would get 4 per cent, thus not entering parliament.
24 per cent of respondents say would prefer Theodor Stolojan as Prime Minister, while Tariceanu would get 19 per cone of the votes.
Around 33 per cent of Romanians are happy with the activity of the current Government, whereas the remaining 67 per cent declare to be unhappy. Also, 37 per cent of the respondents to the survey said they were happy with the activity of PM Calin Popescu Tariceanu, whereas 63 per cent are unhappy.
In case of an open question, 26 per cent indicated that the wanted the current PM to lead to the Government also after the next Parliamentarian elections. The next ranking in this classification are Theodor Stolojan (20 per cent), Mircea Geoana (14 per cent), Mugur Isarescu (7 per cent), Vasile Blaga and Adrian Nastase, each with 6 per cent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei