Analysts expect Petrom profit to double in H1Publish date: 04-08-2008
Record oil prices in the first half of 2008 could boost Romania's largest company profit more than twice. Analysts estimate Petrom oil company to register earnings worth some €540 million in H1.
Most analysts estimate net profit between €445 mln and €640 mln for Petrom, with an average of some €540 mln, 2.2 times higher compared to H1 of 2007
Petrom could post for the second quarter some €300 mln in net profit, close to the earnings registered in Q1, but almost double year-on-year, analysts interviewed by Business Standard said.
ING Bank, Unicredit Group, KBC Securities and Raiffeisen Centrobank Austria analysts participated in the poll. "Revenue increase due to high oil prices will erase the negative impact of a stronger leu and those of the refinery segment, which brings losses to the company," said Raiffeisen Analyst Philipp Chladek.
Petrom turnover could reach almost €1.91 billion in H1, 30 percent higher year-on-year.
In Q2 2007 Petrom posted net profit worth €143.86 million and turnover worth €761 million. In Q1 2008 the company posted net profit worth €277.78 mln and turnover worth €1.05 bln.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei