Traian Basescu attends events of "Friendship Days" Summer SchoolPublish date: 02-08-2008
President Traian Basescu participated on Friday in the events of 'Friendship Days' Summer School held in the Serbian town of Tara.
"I gladly came to neighboring and friend Serbia for a meeting with children that are educated in the spirit of Europe and in the spirit of observing the cultural values of each European nation", said Traian Basescu.
The president said the activities of the children in this camp represent in fact training for life. "What you do in this camp is in fact training for Europe's real life, a Europe where the cultural values, language and habits are observed. Romania and Serbia were in their history affected by nationalism, extremism, and the politicians' incapacity to communicate," said Traian Basescu.
He thanked the organizers - the nongovernmental organization "Our Serbia" - for the fact it dedicated a day to Romania in this year's edition of the summer school.
"I propose that next year you spend one week here and one week in Romania, at the invitation of Romania's President", said Basescu.
Serbian President Boris Tadici underscored the friendship between the Romanianand Serbian peoples over the centuries. "A Romanian proverb says that Romania has two friends - the Black Sea and Serbia. Serbia has Romania as a friend country but unfortunately we do have a sea", said Boris Tadici.
He thanked on this occasion Traian Basescu for everything the latter did in support of Serbia. "I ask President Basescu to feel like home. We wish that after we finish our terms as presidents the tradition of the frienship relation between the two countries is continued by our succesors," said Tadici.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei