Romania's 1H Budget Def Rises To 1.18% Of GDPPublish date: 02-08-2008
Romania's general consolidated budget saw its deficit expanding to 1.18% of gross domestic product after the first half the year, compared with a deficit of 0.4% in January-May period, preliminary data from the Ministry of Economy and Finance showed.
The deficit was the result of revenues worth 80.15 billion lei ($35.48 billion), or 18.2% of GDP and expenses worth RON85.34 billion, or 19.4% of GDP.
Of total revenues, VAT collection contributed by RON20.22 billion to the budget, or 4.6% of GDP, while salary taxes represented RON15.86 billion, or 3.6% of GDP.
Revenue from tax per profit was at RON6.53 billion, or 1.5% of GDP. The insurance budget saw revenues worth RON23.15 billion.
Mid-July, the government has revised up this year's budget by RON842 million, due to a higher than expected gross domestic product at the end of the year, but kept unchanged the 2.3% budget deficit limit.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei