Romania's financial companies drop 2.9% on the BSE on closing, on low liquidityPublish date: 01-08-2008
The five Romanian financial companies (SIFs) depreciated an average 2.9 percent on closing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE), following a lower liquidity.
Deals today totaled 22.24 million lei (6.29 million euros), 13.8 percent less than the 25.81 million lei in the previous session.
The BET index of the ten best companies on BSE dipped 1.66 percent to 5,948.77 and the BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares minus investment funds lost 1.33 percent to 4,385.25.
The BET-FI index measuring the five financial companies or SIFs went down 2.9 percent to 34,582.03 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna decreased 1.78 percent to 13,983.65.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid companies on the market dropped 1.97 percent to 621.72 and the BET-NG index of the ten power companies on BSE depreciated 1.13 percent to 806.82.
The main European bourses fell moderately on closing. The FTSE index in London decreased 0.75 percent to 5,380 and the DAX index in Frankfurt lost 0.39 percent to 6,434.7. The CAC 40 index in Paris went down 0.79 percent to 4,365.9.
Shares of fifth Romanian lender by assets Banca Transilvania (TLV) were the most liquid today, with deals totaling 3.08 million lei, and depreciated 3.46 percent to 0.307 lei. Second Romanian lender by assets BRD SocGen (BRD) slipped 1.06 percent to 18.70 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei