Eurostat: Romania, 6th trade deficit in European UnionPublish date: 18-06-2008
Romania ranks 21st out of the 27 EU states when it comes to the trade balance in Q1, registering a trade deficit of EUR 4.9 bln, in a tie with Poland. According to Eurostat, Germany tops the standings with a trade surplus of EUR 50.4 bln, Mediafax informs. Romania's trade deficit has grown by 11 per cent compared to the EUR 4.4 bln deficit registered in Q1 last year. Concerning the trade with non-member states, Romania has registered a EUR 600 M deficit, lower than the EUR 700 M volume registered in Q1 of 2007. Germany tops this table too, registering a trade surplus of EUR 7.7 bln, 20 per cent higher than the EUR 6.4 bln figure registered in the same period last year. Great Britain has registered the largest trade deficit - namely EUR 34 bln, slightly higher than the EUR 33.7 bln deficit registered in January-March 2007. In Spain the difference between imports and exports was of EUR 26.7 bln, 22 per cent higher than the EUR 21.9 bln level registered in the same period last year. France has registered a EUR 14.5 bln deficit, almost twice larger than the EUR 8.8 bln value registered in Q1 of 2007.
Apart from Great Britain, Spain and France, these are the states whose trade deficit is higher than Romania's: Greece (EUR 9 bln) and Italy (EUR 5.1 bln).
Compared to the value registered in Q1 of 2007, the deficit registered by the 27 states in the energy sector has grown from EUR 61.1 bln to EUR 88 bln, while the surplus registered in the machine tools and motor car sector has grown from EUR 24 bln to EUR 34 bln.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei