WorleyParsons wins $40m contract in RomaniaPublish date: 26-03-2008
WorleyParsons Limited (WOR) announce that it had been awarded a contract by Petrom S.A. for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) associated with the expansion of its Petrobrazi refinery in Romania. WorleyParsons said its expected revenue over the course of the project was estimated to exceed $40 million.
The group said the project was part of Petrom's Vision 2010 refinery modernisation and development program, which is valued at approximately 1 billion euro ($1.71 billion).
"The overall management of the work will be from London with FEED packages being prepared in both London and Edmonton and field support services provided from Ploesti," the company said.
WorleyParsons said the project demonstrateed the successful integration of its recently acquired Colt Engineering operations in Canada.
WorleyParsons CEO John Grill said the contract would strengthen the relationship with Petrom and expands the group's presence in the Romanian market.
"The project will be the cornerstone of WorleyParsons' proposed new office to be located in Ploiesti, Romania."
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei