Managers in Romania expect both economic growth and price increases in Q1 2008, statistics showPublish date: 28-02-2008
Managers of companies in Romania anticipate the first quarter of the year will bring both economic growth and price hikes compared with the same period last year, the country's statistics body INS showed.
Some of the most developing industries will be the processing one, constructions and retail, according to INS which pointed the prices of tariffs will also rise.
In Romania, tariffs, such as rents and telephone bills, are calculated in euros and paid in lei, being dependable on the exchange rate which has seen consistent drop this year.
Managers in the processing industry foresee a 20 percent growth of production in the first three month this year, the most optimistic target being of a 27 percent growth, according to managers in the field who look after companies with more than 500 employees. Headcount will see slight drop of about 6 percent these months, INS pointed. Prices of industrial products will hike 38 percent, exceed recent estimates last month of 34 percent.
Construction works will increase 23 percent starting spring, on warmer weather and growing demand. Retail companies will see a 29 percent increase of sales in the first three months this year, INS showed, on more orders, growing demand. Managers estimate the merchandise stock in February will be a good one and foresee a slight increase in number of employees in the field.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei