About two thirds of Romanians do not save money, a survey carried out by GFK Romania showsPublish date: 21-02-2008
Some 65 percent of Romanians did not save money, placing the country as loafer within the 20 countries were GFK Romania carried out a survey demanded by the insurance company Aviva plc.
As many as 19.5 percent of the Romanians that save money choose a current account, 9.5 percent contribute with money for pensions, 7.9 percent have economy accounts, 5.5 percent choose an insurance policy and 4.7 percent invest their money in shares.
The survey was carried out in more than 20 countries on four continents, to find out people's views on saving money on long term.
Aviva, one of the European leaders on the pensions and life insurance market, owns the Aviva Asigurari de Viata SA and Aviva Societate de Administrare a unui Fond de Pensii Privat SA companies in Romania.
The group has assets of 535 billion euros and more than 40 million clients worldwide. On the local market, Aviva counts 430,000 clients in 19 cities.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei