Romanian insurance company Asitrans-EuroIns reaches premiums of EUR 10m this winterPublish date: 21-02-2008
Insurance company Asitrans-EuroIns posted gross premiums written (GPW) of 37 million lei (10.16 million euros) from October last year to January this year, on doubling the number of mandatory car insurance sold, according to the company's executive manager, Andrei Gluvacov.
The company sold 75,000 mandatory car insurance from October 2007 to January 2008, against 35,000 in the same period in the previous year. It posted GPW of 16.8 million lei last winter.
Asitrans-EuroIns sold more than 20,000 mandatory car insurance in January this year, representing 27 percent of the insurance sold this winter. It is the only company which offers installments for policies sold to individuals.
The company posted GPW of 29 million euros in 2007, 49 percent boost against the 19.5 million euros in 2006.
The Bulgarian group Eurohold purchased in July 2007 more than 75 percent of the Asitrans Insurance for 12.5 million euros. Asitrans will change its name into EuroIns Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei