Romanian Savings Bank doubles net profit in 2007, to EUR 24.7mPublish date: 21-02-2008
Romanian Savings Bank (CEC), the country's oldest state-owned lender, doubled net profit last year against the previous, reaching 90 million lei (24.7 million euros) and plans to remain on profit this year, the head of CEC, Radu Gratian said.
CEC posted 39.8 million lei net profit in 2006, nine-fold boost against 2005.
The bank will make significant investments this year to spruce up the bank, said Ghetea. It will also provide flexible services for clients, he added.
CEC's assets exceeded 10 billion lei at the end of January 2008, up 37 percent against the 7.1 billion lei posted in 2006. Loans granted to clients saw a 53 percent increase last year against the previous, reaching 4.89 billion lei. As many as 3.7 billion lei were given to people, while the rest to companies.
CEC collected deposits of 8 billion lei at the end of 2007, 37 percent more than in the previous year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei