Romania's Banca Carpatica posts 59% smaller net profit in 2007 on expansion expensesPublish date: 16-02-2008
Romania's Banca Comerciala Carpatica (BCC) posted a 58.6 percent lower net profit last year from the previous year undermined by investments with the expansion of its territorial network, a release reads.
The lender's net profit stood at 19.28 million lei (5.7 million euros) in 2006. Its gross profit tumbled 55.5 percent to 9.34 million lei, while its assets grew 40 percent to 2.28 billion lei at the end of last year from 2006.
The lender's loans portfolio advanced 55 percent to 1.284 billion lei from 829 million lei in 2006. The volume of deposits increased 50.1 percent to 1.74 billion lei.
BCC increased its capital twice towards the end of 2007 which altogether brought the share capital to 178.8 million lei.
BCC had 245 units, 222 ATMs and 45 exchange ATMs at the end of 2007.
The bank's shares closed today at 0.308 lei leading to a 501.08 million lei capitalization. The lender's shares are listed on the first tier of the Bucharest Stock Exchange under the BCC symbol.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei