Romanian stocks plunge at weekend, despite interest stirred by Erste's recent listingPublish date: 16-02-2008
Romanian stocks at the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) fell on closing at the end of the week, despite significant trading with unlisted stocks and investors' interest over the Erste recently-listed shares.
Deals today reached 21.93 million lei (6.03 million euros). The BET index of the ten top performers on the market lost 2.06 percent to 7,136.17 and the BET-C index assessing all listed shares without the five investment funds dropped 2.29 percent to 4,961.89.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies SIFs decreased 2.04 percent to 57,632.54 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna dipped 1.99 percent to 15,724.96.
Lenders dominated the market today, BRD SocGen (BRD), the second bank by assets in Romania, generating deals of 2.88 million lei after a 3.30 percent fall to 17.60 lei. Banca Transilvania (TLV), the fifth by assets in Romania, remained at 0.7250 lei and Erste, the majority owner of the country's No.1 lender by assets, Banca Comerciala Romana, closed at 138 lei, a 2.68 percent drop versus yesterday.
SIF Muntenia (SIF4) fell at 1.73 lei, SIF Transilvania (SIF3) dropped to 1.58 lei and SIF Oltenia (SIF5) decreased to 3.30 lei.
Gas operator Transgaz Medias (TGN) cheapened 3 percent to 242.50 lei. Oil refinery Rompetrol Rafinare Constanta (RRC) dropped to 0.0830 lei and oil company Petrom, the largest company in Romania, slipped to 0.3670 lei.
Brokerage SSIF Broker Cluj (BRK) fell 1.46 percent to 2.02 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei