Romania targets to cut power consumption by 13.5% over the next nine yearsPublish date: 16-02-2008
Romanian authorities plan to reduce 13.5 percent of the power consumption in nine-year time, according to the president of the Agency for Energy Conservation (ARCE), Tudor Constantinescu.
ARCE started a program to rise energy efficiency in the following nine years prodded by the European Union's plan to become leader in energy efficiency, Constantinescu said.The agency will focus on the high potential sectors, also taking care of the residential, industrial and transportation sectors.
Romania's electricity resources fell 2.2 percent last year versus 2006 owing to 1.1 percent higher consumption and decreasing production, according to the country's statistics body INS.
Primary resources decreased 0.9 percent in 2007 against the previous year, to 41,266.01 tones of oil equivalent, INS showed. Electricity resources last year accounted for 61,824.6 million KWh.
The final electricity consumption in 2007 stood at 50,899 million KWh; street lighting rose 2.7 percent and general consumption of the population increased 6.2 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei