On-line sales in Romania hike 21% around St. Valentine's Day this year against December 2007Publish date: 16-02-2008
E-commerce in Romania rose 21 percent from mid-January to St. Valentine's Day against December last year, to 40,400 transactions according to Gecad ePayment.
The market reached 35 million euros last year helped by increasing confidence in this type of commerce, Gecad ePayment sales manager, Laurentiu Ghenciu said. Also the average value per transaction increased from 72 euros in December to 84 euros close to February 14.
Tourism and transport services represented 32 percent of the total sales followed by electronics (8 percent) and specific Valentine's products (6 percent). Sales on St. Valentine's Day doubled this year against 2007.
The Gecad group is formed of Gecad Technologies, Gecad ePayment and Gecad Net. The group was established in 2003 by Radu Georgescu. Gecad ePayment is the Romanian on-line market leader for on-line payments. The company develops and owns three solutions: ePayment, Avangate and myAvangate.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei