Romania's population falls to 21.53 million last year on birth rate drop, statistics showPublish date: 16-02-2008
Romania's population reduced to 21.53 million people last year as a consequence of the birth rate decline; the number of marriages also dropped and worrying death rate among babies lowered, the country's statistics body INS announced.
Only 214,000 babies were born last year, 6,000 less than in 2006, INS showed. The birth rate stood at 9.9 new-borns per thousand people. The death rate reduced 6,000 too, to 252,100. Moreover, the death rate among babies fell last year over the previous.
About 15,000 babies were born in December last year, 2,400 less than the month before and 6,600 marriages were registered, 3,900 less than November 2007. The number of divorces increased by 400 month-on-month, to 3,100 in December, according to statistics.
The number of marriages last year stood at 190,000, with 42,600 more than the previous year, after a law granting financial support to newly-created families entered into force. Some 33,000 divorces were registered throughout 2007, 600 more than the previous year, INS reported.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei