Sales of Zentiva on the Romanian market slump 19% over last yearPublish date: 15-02-2008
Zentiva, the biggest drug-maker in the Czech Republic, posted total revenues of 626.8 million euros rising 19 percent year-on-year while sales on the Romanian market lowered 19 percent, according to the preliminary results the company announced today.
Sales of Zentiva Romania rose five times over 2006 to 88 million euros. Zentiva, one of the biggest drug makers in the region, posted net sales of 206.4 million euros in the fourth quarter of 2007. The release does not mention any financial results for the Romanian market.
Last year, the company's profit from exploitation on the Romanian market stood at 11.16 million lei. Zentiva Bucuresti saw revenues from sales reach 38. 38 million lei in the third quarter of 2007, a 37.9 percent decrease versus the same period last year when revenues accounted for 61.81 million lei.
Zentiva Bucuresti posted a 9.8 million lei net profit in the second quarter of the year. Revenues stood at 74 million lei in the mentioned period.
The Czech company acquired 51 percent of the Romanian drug maker Sicomed in September 2005. After that it increased its participation to 75 percent. Zentiva Romania ranked seventh in 2006 in a league of drug producers in Romania, according to a release by the research company Cegedim. The company's market share stood at 5.2 percent, with sales of 284 million lei in 2006.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei