Volksbank Romania sees 80% boost in operational profit in 2007, to EUR 24.5m on more loans, assetsPublish date: 15-02-2008
Volksbank Romania, the unit of Austria's Volksbank International AG, posted 80 percent higher operational profit last year against the previous, on growing number of loans and double assets, according to the company.
The company saw 24.5 million euros profit in 2007 versus 13.7 million euros in 2006.
Volksbank's assets rose 2.6 times last year, from 1.38 to 3.5 billion euros. Its loan portfolio rose 170 percent, to 2.21 million euros in 2007 against 802 million euros in 2006 and the bank's deposits hiked 70 percent in 2007, reaching 530 million euros.
Volksbank Romania advanced to the eighth position among banks by assets, with 5.06 percent market share in 2007, against 2.71 percent in 2006, when it reached the eleventh position.
The bank expanded its network with 55 units last year, to 135 and increased the number of franchises with 40, reaching 90 units. The bank counts a network of 225 units presently.
Volksbank Romania increased the share capital with 50 million euros this month, reaching 338 million euros. It plans to reach a 36 million euros operational profit this year, which would be a 50 percent boost against 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei