Romanian stocks rise on closing, influenced by the listing of Erste, the first international sharesPublish date: 15-02-2008
The Bucharest Stock Exchange closed upward today underpinned by the shares of banks and those of the investment funds which rallied at the positive evolution of Erste Bank's shares first traded today.
Market liquidity slumped 22 percent to 22.49 million lei (6.17 million euros) despite the debut of Erste's shares which only drew 3.03 million lei ranking second in the liquidity top.
The BET index of the top ten performers on the market gained 1.82 percent closing at 7,286.57. The BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares minus investment funds advanced 1.31 percent to 5,078.03.
The BET-FI index measuring the five financial companies SIFs rose 1.14 percent to 58,835.68 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna increased 1.78 percent to 16,044.54.
The newly listed Erste shares closed their first session at 141.80 lei.
SIF Oltenia (SIF5) was the most liquid today, generating deals worth 3.49 million lei, rising 1.82 percent to 3.25 lei, followed by BRD SocGen, the second lender by assets in the country whose shares hiked 2.82 percent to 18.20 lei.
SIF Muntenia (SIF4) rose to 1.79 lei. SIF Moldova (SIF2) and SIF Banat-Crisana (SIF1) hikes both to 2.70 lei. SIF Transilvania was the only one whose shares dropped to 1.62 lei.
Banca Transilvania (TLV), the fifth lender by assets closed at 0.7250 lei.
Brokerage house SSIF Broker Cluj (BRK) idled at 2.05 lei. Automotive components company Compa Sibiu (CMP) cheapened to 1.40 lei. Oil company Petrom (SNP) closed at 0.3750 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei