Romania's medium, long-term debt up 28.3% over last year on higher private sector debtPublish date: 15-02-2008
Romania's medium, long-term debt up 28.3% over last year on higher private sector debt
Romania's medium and long-term foreign debt rose 28.3 percent over last year from the previous one to 36.7 billion euros on higher debts in the private sector and deposits made by foreigners with local banks, according to the central bank (BNR).
The debt stood at 28.628 billion euros at the end of 2006, according to BNR. Last year the foreign debt represented 31.1 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) estimated at 117.99 billion euros by the European statistics office Eurostat.
The public non-guaranteed debt totalized 23.14 billion euros on December 31, 2007, a 39.8 percent hike from the end of last year.
The non-guaranteed debt of the private sector rose 39.7 percent (5.2 billion euro) year-on-year in December 2007 to 22.7 billion euros. Medium and long-term deposits of non-residents totalized 3.219 billion euros in December.
The non-guaranteed debt of the state sector jumped 42.5 percent to 463 million euros, BNR shows. The foreign direct debt fell 115 million euros to 7.256 billion euros last year.
Romania's foreign debt service stood at 7.516 billion euros in 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei