Romania's oil company Rompetrol to spend 340m U.S. dollars for expansion plans this yearPublish date: 14-02-2008
Rompetrol Group, the second-largest oil company in Romania, will invest more than 340 million U.S. dollars this year on expanding activities, according to the company's president, Dinu Patriciu.
The company will spend 2.5 million U.S. dollars to open 15 Rompetrol Express gas stations in the countryside, in the Central county of Sibiu and 2.8 million U.S. dollars for two Rompetrol stations in Sibiu and Medias. It will also open 400 small gas stations in the rural area by the end of the year.
The company owns more than 350 gas stations in present.
Rompetrol targets revenues of more than 10 billion U.S. dollars this year. The group posted revenues of 3.8 billion U.S. dollars in 2006 and exceeded 7.3 billion euros in 2007.
Besides investing in gas stations, the company plans to develop the Palplast company, member of the Rompetrol group, producer of industrial pipes and fittings.Palplast targets 28 percent hike in turnover this year against the previous one, from 6.5 to 8 million U.S. dollars and plans to expand its activity in other countries.
Kazak-based KazMunaiGas took over 75 percent of the Rompetrol Group in August 2007, for about 3.6 billion U.S. dollars. Of the 75 percent sold to the Kazakhstan state-owned company, 60 percent of the shares belonged to oil mogul Dinu Patriciu and 15 percent to other shareholders. Before the deal Patriciu owned 80 percent of the group, leaving him with a 20 percent post-sale stake.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei