Joining the EU shrinked profits of Romanian companies, prognosis commission showsPublish date: 14-02-2008
The 26.3 percent net profit hike posted by Romanian companies in the first half of last year was sluggish compared to the same period of the previous year and the percentage of profitable companies continued to slump, according to National Forecast Commission (CNP).
The profitability of the Romanian companies over 2007 was somewhat affected by Romania's participation to the sole European market with higher competitiveness and quality standards, CNP shows.
Losses in H1 2007 hiked 30.3 percent in nominal terms from the same period in 2006 which triggered a 29.2 percent advance of wage spendings. The amplification could be explained by the increase of salaries caused by the labor force deficit in certain fields, according to CNP.
The profitability rate advanced only 0.1 percentage points to 6.4 percent in H1. The profitability rate stands in the difference between profit and losses compared to revenues. According to CNP, the relaxing of the fiscal policy contributed to the growth of the Romanian companies' profitability.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei