Life insurance policies could reach a quarter of the Romanian insurance market at the end of 2010Publish date: 14-02-2008
Life insurance could cover a quarter of the Romanian insurance market at the end of 2010, reaching 3 billion lei, underpinned by investments and economic development, according to the general manager of ING Asigurari de Viata, the unit of Netherlands' biggest financial-services company ING Groep NV.
Private pensions and life insurance will witness a significant advance this year, due to higher demand from the middle class, which wants to raise standard of living, said Boon.
Boon added people will start to realize the importance of such insurance and will begin to save money for their children.
The value of the insurance market stood around 2 billion euros in Romania last year, out of which 81 percent general insurance and 19 percent life insurance.
Insurance companies in Romania posted gross premiums written (GPW) of 1.6 billion euros in the first nine months of 2007. About 80.65 percent of the GPW represented general insurance and 19.31 percent life insurance.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei