Mobile phone operator Cosmote counts more than 15m clients in five European countries in 2007Publish date: 14-02-2008
Mobile phone operator Cosmote, member of Greece's OTE Group, which operates in Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania and Macedonia, reached more than 15.5 million clients in the five European countries at the end of 2007, according to a company release.
The company had planed to reach this number of clients in 2009. One out of three mobile phone users in the mentioned countries uses services provided by Cosmote, after only two and a half years since the company expanded its activity.
The company's main competitors on the Romanian market are Orange and Vodafone.
Cosmote counted more than 3 million users in Romania at the end of December last year, out of which 2 million users in only one year. Orange Romania saw 22 percent hike in the number of clients, reaching 9.8 million users in December 2007 and Vodafone Romania reached 8,807,859 clients in the same period.
Cosmote Romania saw revenues of 105.2 million euros in the first nine months of 2007. The group's net revenues stood at 275.9 million euros in the first nine months of 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei