Romania's Flamingo International eyes triple sales of notebooks this year on higher demandPublish date: 14-02-2008
IT&C distributor Flamingo Intentional, one of the key players on the Romanian market, said it is targeting to triple laptop sales this year on, foreseeing a growth in demand on a developing market estimated to reach 400 million euros this year.
People started replacing desktops with notebooks, the company manager Jiri Rizek said, adding laptop sales this year are likely to increase 250-300 percent, while desktops will see only a 15-20 percent growth in sales.
Flamingo expects boost in notebook sales counting on the people's appetite for high-tech and their increased purchase power. Five Romanians out of 100 own a laptop, ten times less than in the other European countries.
Flamingo International Group operates retail and distribution activities for IT&C, electronic and home appliance products under the Flanco World, Flamingo Computers and Flanco brands.
Flamingo International has been listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange since June 2005. It had a 67,9 million euros turnover in the first half of 2007.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei