Revenues in Romania's trade industry rise 24.3% y/y in 2007Publish date: 12-02-2008
Revenues in commerce hiked 24.3 percent last year from the previous one, underpinned by sales of fuel and services, according to the National Statistics Institute (INS).
Revenues in the retail industry, excluding cars and motorcycle sales, rose 17.8 percent helped by an increase in food, beverages and tobacco sales which hiked 27.8 percent, INS shows.
Revenues in retail and wholesales, car and motorcycle maintenance and repairs went up 24.3 percent buoyed by fuel sales which grew 52.6 percent. Revenues in the service industry increased 3.7 percent.
Revenues in the retail industry, excluding cars and motorcycle sales rose 50.4 percent month-on-month in December. Revenues in food-stuff, beverages and tobacco boosted 52.6 percent while revenues in non-food advanced 49.1 percent.
Services to population posted 24.2 percent higher revenues year-on-year in December, 2007 helped by the activity of hotels and restaurants where sales grew 50.5 percent and by travel agencies and tour-operators with a 33.1 percent advance.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei