The official is promoting business opportunities to Romania in the U.S.Publish date: Astazi, 11-02-2008
Taubman noted Romania cannot complete the transition from a former communist country and the justice reform without the help of its youth studying abroad.
The U.S. ambassador emphasized Romania made huge progress in several key areas, yet the transition from communism is not complete as major things still have to be done.
He told Romanian students their country now offers attractive employment opportunities as multinational companies are providing top management positions.
The U.S. embassy is taking part in an initiative belonging to the Romanian government carrying out a summer program which offers Romanian students abroad the chance to work in a multinational company operating in Romania.
Taubman said a pilot version of this program will be tested in the months to come. The project will start with a jobs fair which will be held in early May, according to the U.S. official.
The official in early July 2007 said people are coming into the country for jobs and are less tempted to leave due to rising living standards.
Nevertheless, Taubman warned over excessive economic growth which may lead to inflationary pressures.
Taubman was confirmed as U.S. Ambassador to Romania on October 28, 2005 and sworn into office by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on November 29. He presented his credentials to President Basescu on December 5, 2005, according to the web page of the U.S. to Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei