Bucharest has the least number of people out of work, unemployment rate remains at 1.8% in JanuaryPublish date: 08-02-2008
The unemployment rate in Bucharest idled at 1.8 percent in January, being the lowest in the country, according to the National Agency for Labor Force Occupancy (ANOFM).
Bucharest had 18,304 unemployed in the first month of the year, of which 57 percent women. Some 1,351 unemployed found jobs in January. Bucharest's active population exceeds one million people.
The countrywide unemployment rate dropped 0.1 percent in December 2007 against the previous month, to 4.1 percent.
The highest jobless rate of 9.6 percent was registered in Vaslui County (Eastern Romania), while the lowest of 1.5 percent was seen in Ilfov County (Southern Romania).
The jobless rate amongst men stood at 4.3 percent in December 2007. The unemployment rate concerning women went down 0.1 percentage points, to 4 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei