Romania's central bank sets 8% yearly reference rate for FebruaryPublish date: 08-02-2008
The reference rate grew from 7.50 percent to 8 percent per year in February, a release by the Central Bank of Romania (BNR) reads.
The reference rate in January stagnated at 7.50 percent per year, same as in December last year.
The reference rate is calculated taking into account the volume of transactions and the interest rates on BNR's deposit-taking and reverse-repo operations in the month prior to the announcement.
In a move to cut inflation, BNR this month increased to 9 percent the monetary policy interest, this being the third such move since October last year, when this grew to 7.5 percent and January this year, when a 0.5 percentage points increase took place.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei