Orange Romania posts 24% higher revenues in 2007 as its client portfolio rosePublish date: 07-02-2008
Orange Romania, one of the leaders on the telecom market, last year saw its revenues going up 24 percent against the previous year as its number of clients grew, according to data released by the company.
The company's revenues stood at 1.23 billion euros in 2007. Orange last year added a total of 1.7 million clients to its portfolio. The company counted some 9.8 million clients at the end of 2007.
The mobile phone operator said the number of clients using broadband services upped to 1 million in 2007, up 164 percent against the previous year. Since approaching the Romanian market ten years ago, Orange pumped some 1.4 billion euros in its activities.
The company said this year will invest some 200 million euros in the development of the network and new products and services. Orange Romania's main competitor is Vodafone Romania, the unit of the world's biggest provider of mobile-phone services Vodafone Group Plc.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei