Sales of Ikea reach EUR 70m in the first nine months of activity on the Romanian marketPublish date: 06-02-2008
Ikea Romania, the unit of the world's largest retailer of home furniture, posted 70 million euros nine-month sales, according to a release by the company.
Ikea sold more than 8.2 million furniture products, decorations and accessories in the first nine months after opening a store in Bucharest.
"Sales over the first nine months encourage us to believe the 80 million estimate for the first year of activity will be exceeded," Ikea retail manager, Cornel Oprisan said.
Ikea opened its first outlet in Romania in the Baneasa area in northern Bucharest in March this year. The store has a total surface of 26,000 square meters and 10 percent of its goods are locally-manufactured.
The Swedish furniture maker estimates Romania's furniture industry should grow by15 percent this year. The company announced last year it will continue the countrywide expansion of its stores, eyeing all towns with more than 300,000 inhabitants.
Ikea, which operated nearly 250 stores at the end of last year in 34 countries worldwide, was established in 1943 in Sweden.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei