French retailer Carrefour invests EUR 20m to open another store in central RomaniaPublish date: 06-02-2008
Carrefour, the unit of Europe's largest retailer, will spend some 20 million euros to open a hypermarket in Sibiu (central Romania), this being slated to be completed next year, people with the company said.
The new unit will be constructed inside a commercial center which unfolds over 80,000 square meters and is located in the southern side of the town, within the European Retail Park Sibiu.
The new store will unfold over 13,000 square meters, out of which 8,000 square meters stand for the sale surface. The hypermarket will offer 1,800 parking places.
The French retailer currently operates eleven stores in Romania of which three were opened last year in Bucharest, Iasi and Cluj.
The retailer will continue to develop its network this year too through six new hypermarkets in Suceava, Arad, Oradea, Bucharest, Iasi and Pitesti. The company also targets to exceed 1 billion euros revenues this year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei