French car maker Renault to inject EUR300 m into the Romanian Dacia plant to hike productionPublish date: 05-02-2008
Renault, France's second biggest auto maker, plans to invest 300 million euros at the Dacia plant in Pitesti, southern Romania to expand the production capacity and research activities for the Logan model.
Renault will inject money into the Dacia plant targeting to raise production to 400,000 cars by 2009. This year Dacia will start exporting the Logan pick-up and Sandero models as well as an unspecified model, a possible small terrain vehicle, according to people close to the deal.
Automobile Dacia will release this spring the fourth Logan model, the Pick-up version in Romania and other three countries. The producer did not offer any estimates regarding sales yet, expecting the market's reaction.
Renault's sales rose 33 percent on the Romanian market last year against the previous one, according to a company release. Renault's eleven-month market share stood at 9.1 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei