Romania's gold and foreign currency reserves grow to EUR 27.62bn in JanuaryPublish date: 04-02-2008
Romania's gold and foreign currency reserves in January increased by 430 million euros, to 27.62 billion euros, following the hike of the foreign currency reserves, a release by the Central Bank of Romania (BNR) reads.
Foreign currency reserves went up 245 million euros due to BNR's management of the minimum mandatory reserves. At the end of December, BNR's gold and foreign currency reserves stood at 27.19 billion euros.
The increase seen in January was the result of an inflow totaling 1.039 billion euros coming from the change of the bank's foreign currency minimum mandatory reserves.
The 794.1 million euros outflow represented BNR's payment of installments and interests to the public external debt guaranteed by the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei