Erste Bank to be listed at the Bucharest Stock Exchange starting February 14Publish date: 01-02-2008
Erste Bank, the main shareholder in Romania's largest bank by assets Banca Comerciala Romana, will list shares on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) on February 14, the Austrian based lender's senior strategy manager Arjen Janmaat said.
Five percent of Erste's shares will be registered at the Central Depositary. The date set for listing the shares was confirmed by BSE's deputy general manager, Petra Alexandru.
A total of 316.28 million shares issued by Erste Bank will be listed on BSE. The Austrian lender has a share capital of 632.58 million euros and it is the country's biggest lender.
The move is meant to catch the eye of local investors who will now have the possibility to buy the shares listed in Prague or Vienna, Janmaat said. The listing will also grant Erste Bank's shareholders the opportunity to trade their shares on BSE.
Manfred Wimmer, BCR's executive manager, said the Romanian capital market lacks major companies and Erste's listing will offer investors highly liquid shares.
Erste Bank bought the main stake in BCR in late 2006. Erste's participation in BCR now stands at 69.11 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei