Vodafone Romania sees 18.8% higher sales y/y in Q3 of the fiscal yearPublish date: 01-02-2008
Vodafone Romania, the unit of the world's biggest mobile-phone company by sales Vodafone Group Plc, reported an 18.8 percent increase in revenues, year-on-year in the third fiscal quarter which ended in December last year, a release by the company reads.
The company counted 228,482 new clients in the analyzed period, reaching a total of 8,807,859 clients. For 2007, Vodafone Romania counted a total of 1,091,154 clients.
Romania remains Vodafone's most productive unit in Eastern Europe, within a competitive market, the head of Vodafone Romania, Liliana Solomon said.
Some 34.8 percent of the company's clients pay monthly subscriptions while the number of those using prepaid cards stands at 65.2 percent. The number of clients using 3G services rose to 603,983, in the third quarter of the fiscal year.
Vodafone Romania was established in 2005 after local mobile phone operator Connex was acquired.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei