Florin Pogonaru has been elected as member of the BCR's Supervisory BoardPublish date: 31-01-2008
The BCR's Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting elected Florin Pogonaru as member of the bank's Supervisory Board. Therefore, Florin Pogonaru takes in the vacant position following the resignation of Daniel Daianu, representing Erste Bank in the Supervisory Board.
The current membership of the BCR's Supervisory Board is the following:
Andreas TREICHL - Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Peter KISBENEDEK - Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Herbert JURANEK - Member
Bernhard SPALT - Member
Florin POGONARU - Member
Florin Pogonaru was one of the two observers nominated by Erste Bank in the Executive Committee and Supervisory Board of BCR for the transition period until the completion of the BCR shares' transfer to Erste Bank. As member of the Supervisory Board, Florin Pogonaru will have a valuable contribution to the development of the bank based on his comprehensive experience and position as respected member of the Romanian business community.
Florin Pogonaru is the Chairman of the Businessmen Association of Romania.
Florin Pogonaru is Chairman and founder of "Central European Financial Services" and member in the Management Board of the "Romanian Post Privatisation Fund". Moreover, he is since 2004 president of the Romanian Association of Employers' Confederation. Since 1997, he is member of the "Business Advisory Committee" and of the South-Eastern European Cooperation initiative and since 2002 he holds the same position within the Stability Pact. Pogonaru has been actively involved in the assessment and monitoring of the critical aspects of the business environment in the South-Eastern Europe, bringing his contribution to the institutional and political construction in the region.
The professional activity of Florin Pogonaru focused on investment banking. He coordinated in Romania the activities of certain important financial groups such as Creditanstalt and Bank Austria (currently Unicredit) and Alphabank.
Florin Pogonaru got his Ph.D. in Economics at the Economic Studies Academy.
Daniel Daianu resigned from his position held within the Supervisory Board of BCR at the end of 2007.
The BCR Ordinary Sharehiolders' Meeting also approved the Financial Plan and Income and Expenses Budget for 2008 and the due compensation for the Supervisory Board members for the current year (2008).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei